The beginning of mining works in Mikulov dates back to the year of 1404, when the first two miners started to extract here. Since that time, a labyrinth of numerous adits has been created under the surface of Mikulov, where silver ore was extracted.
The original church was evangelic and its building was purchased from Jan Stolcenberg in 1551. The building was converted into an evangelic chapel.
The Municipal Coat of Arms of Mikulov consists of a blue shield, in which a silver castle wall stands on a green lawn with a semi open gate.